- Berlin office
- Permanent full-time
Based in Berlin, you will become a member of the Commercial team, reporting to the Commercial Manager. An all-encompassing role, you will be responsible for maximising the business opportunities for the Commercial team by coordinating its flagship conferences and roundtable events, implementing the commercial strategy and supporting the division.
You will plan and coordinate Aurora regular events in continental Europe (mostly Berlin; also Amsterdam, Warsaw and Rome); refine event processes and improve the delegate experience as appropriate. Additionally, you will support the commercial team with administrative tasks, organise client engagement, and maintain the team’s record-keeping systems. You should be able to work independently and be flexible to changing deadlines. The Commercial Administrator should be capable of dealing with people at all levels. Reliability and adaptability are vital for this role, together with excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills. This is a chance to gain experience within an organisation where individuals thrive on change and to work within an innovative and growing company.
As an international company we value the frequent personal exchange between our remotely working teams – you will have the possibility to spend a few days each half a year in our Headquarters in Oxford, as well as regular visits from your UK & Australia colleagues to Berlin. Aurora Energy Research offers the opportunity to work in an environment close to important developments of the global energy transformation.
- Organise regular client roundtable events from venue arrangements, invitations and collateral preparation, to attending and managing the registration and setup process
- Organise in close cooperation with our Oxford based Events Content Manager some of our flagship industry events and conferences, such as the German Renewables Summit with 200+ industry leaders
- Coordinate Aurora’s presence at external conferences and fairs, such as our annual E-World booth in Essen
- Organise and coordinate regular webinars with Aurora content experts
- Support the update of marketing materials throughout the Commercial team
- Build effective relationships with clients and develop an understanding of client industries and markets
- Assist with CRM system upkeep, and diaries and travel arrangements for the Commercial Manager
- Abitur equivalent or above or apprenticeship in events management/similar
- Attention to detail, excellent coordination and organisational skills
- Strong team player; supports colleagues and shares knowledge; interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels
- Adept at managing a varied workload and ability to multi-task and re-prioritise in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Excellent Outlook, Word and Excel skills
- Full proficiency in English and high proficiency in German (C1 level or above) required.
- Proven work experience in an Operations, Commercial or Marketing department
- Proven experience with Salesforce, Pardot and/or WebEx software
- Proficiency in a third language of either Polish, Italian, Dutch, or one of the Nordics is desirable but not a requirement.
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- Private company pension scheme
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics