Are you interested in energy, have excellent communication skills, a deep client mindset and would like to help decision makers in the energy sector answer some of the Energiewende’s toughest questions? Then this is the job for you: We are looking for a commercial mastermind to take our business development activities in the German market to the next level.
Joining our office in Berlin, you will work in a dynamic, multi-national team responsible for the expansion of our customer base, taking responsibility for existing client relationships (which include most of Germany’s largest energy market participants), as well as developing and pursuing a pipeline of new leads. You will furthermore contribute to our developing new content and products.
Successful candidates will be fluent in German and English, and combine a strong commercial mindset, superior communication and relationship management skills, passion to develop new business and activities, high eagerness to learn, as well as interest in energy markets and the transition towards a more sustainable world. You will work in a young, dynamic, intellectually stimulating, demanding and collaborative environment.
- Qualify, develop, and maintain sales opportunities thorough company and product knowledge, researching consumer needs, and identifying how our solutions can meet them
- Generate leads and grow existing relationships to develop an active, repeat customer base
- Pursue plans to increase account value through cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Represent Aurora, with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings
- Pitching our offerings and making proposals to existing and potential customers
- Negotiating and contracting structured offers
- Use Salesforce CRM to ensure standard processes during all sales stages
- Provide account management to ensure excellent customer experience and high engagement
- Contributing to new product development and improving our existing offerings
- Develop new marketing materials as needed
- Where appropriate, and depending on interest/ability, support the research and publications team in developing our long-term market outlook and analysis
- Strong commercial mindset, including creativity and intuition for opportunities that create impact and commercial success
- Excellent organisation skills and a high degree of persistence and diligence
- A can-do attitude and willingness to help wherever needed e.g. improving internal systems and processes
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties
- Outstanding written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy transition
- Native German speaker or at least being able to conduct business discussions in German in addition to fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Sales, business development and client relationship experience is highly desired – especially any experience in energy-related subscription sales
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system is highly desired
- Previous professional exposure to energy economics, power markets and power networks would be strongly favoured
- Fluency in another major European language beyond English and German is a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with organic coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office
- A competitive salary package
- Internal further education offers and development perspectives with great creative freedom for your ideas and your commitment
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program including JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.