- Oxford or Madrid office
- Permanent full-time
Based in Oxford or Madrid, you will work in a dynamic multi-national team with significant responsibility for our sales and client relationship activities as well as marketing our subscription products and services. You will play a key role in all aspects of client interactions and business development: identifying potential clients and new opportunities, marketing our services towards clients, generating sales opportunities and pitching our offerings, negotiating and contracting with potential clients, managing and enhancing our ongoing client relationships, as well as contributing to new product development and improving our existing offerings.
You would join our commercial team, which is expected to grow and offer potential for progression, including through international expansion and creating new data and software-based solutions.
Successful candidates will combine a strong commercial mindset, superior communication and relationship management skills, passion to develop new business and activities, high eagerness to learn, and interest in energy markets and the transition towards a more sustainable world. They will work in a young, dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and collaborative environment.
- Play a key role in all aspects of client interactions and business development
- Identify and pitch our services to potential clients
- See opportunities through the sales pipeline, from initial contact to negotiating the contract
- Manage and enhance our ongoing client relationships
- Contribute to new product development and improve our existing offerings
- Develop new marketing materials as needed
- Where appropriate, and depending on interest/ability, support the research and publications team in developing our long-term market outlook and analysis
- Strong commercial mindset, including creativity and intuition for opportunities that create impact and commercial success
- Excellent organization skills and a high degree of persistence and diligence
- A can-do attitude and willingness to help wherever needed (e.g. improving internal systems and processes)
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties
- Top notch written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Curiosity about energy and sustainability
- Native or professional-level proficiency in Spanish and English
- Sales, business development and client relationship experience is highly desired – especially any experience in energy-related subscription sales
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system is highly desired
- Previous professional exposure to energy, power markets and renewables would be beneficial
- While not essential, a strong analytical and quantitative skills and background in economics/policy would be an asset
- Experience with PowerBI would be a plus
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics