Aurora wouldn’t be an industry leader in providing energy market forecasts, analysis, insights, and consultancy without our successful commercial team. We are seeking a Commercial Associate to build strong relationships with major Financial Institutions which are active in the energy sector and sell our products and services which support the transition towards a more sustainable economy. You will work in a dynamic multi-national team responsible for account management as well as sales activities for Auroras subscription analytics and our software products. You will play a key role in all aspects of client interactions and business development. The role will focus on creating and developing partnerships as well as sales opportunities, initially with customers active in Europe incl. GB and Ireland.
The successful candidate will combine a strong commercial mindset, great communication and relationship management skills, passion to develop new business, high eagerness to learn, and interest in energy markets. You will work in a dynamic, stimulating, demanding and collaborative environment.
You will join our European commercial team, which is expected to grow and offer potential for progression, including through international expansion and creating new data and software-based solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs and the internal and external challenges of several major banks, financial advisors, and investment funds throughout active account management. You will be in regular contact with multiple stakeholders in these sectors and will build-up a strong network within Aurora’s key clients and partners.
- Follow the milestones and strategic activities of your accounts. Foresee upcoming and foster new opportunities. Develop plans to increase the value of accounts through cross selling the full range of Aurora’s services.
- Aurora’s forecasts are bankable, take responsibilities in supporting your accounts throughout financial transactions and keep track of your success!
- Pitch Aurora’s offerings and make proposals to existing and potential customers.
- Negotiate and contract structured offers.
- Use Salesforce CRM to ensure standard processes during all sales stages and a close monitoring of your pipeline.
- Represent Aurora with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings in client and group meetings as well as national and international fairs and events.
- Contribute to the development of new products and improve our existing offerings. Strengthen internal processes and take ownership of internal improvement initiatives and projects.
- Develop new marketing materials as needed.
- Strong commercial mindset, including creativity and intuition for opportunities that create impact and commercial success.
- Capability to build a top management network of major financial institutions in the European energy sector.
- Willingness to proactively shape your role in a newly established team within a rapidly growing and young company.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded people.
- Motivated by achieving tangible individual and team commercial targets.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to help wherever needed e.g., improving internal systems and processes.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills and a high degree of dedication, persistence and diligence.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope with uncertainty.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication as well as good interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy transition.
- Sales, business development and client relationship experience is highly desired – especially any experience in energy-related subscription sales.
- Understanding of business approaches, business development and project management in the field of transactions & energy project financing would be strong advantage.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems is beneficial.
- Previous professional exposure to energy economics, power markets and power networks would be an advantage.
- Fluency in a major European language beyond English is a plus.
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector.
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars.
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert.
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- An office in the centre of Berlin with coffee, fruits, and snacks available.
- A competitive salary package.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.