Aurora wouldn’t be an industry leader in providing energy market forecasts, analysis, insights, and consultancy without our successful commercial team. We are seeking a Commercial Associate to sell our products and services which help the transition towards a more sustainable world. You will work in a dynamic multi-national team responsible for sales and account management activities of our subscription services. You will play a key role in all aspects of client interactions and business development. In this role, you will be responsible for generating leads, closing deals and managing accounts for our full range of products, with a focus on our European Hydrogen service.
The successful candidate will combine a strong commercial mindset, great communication and relationship management skills, passion to develop new business, high eagerness to learn, and interest in energy and commodities markets. You will work in a dynamic, stimulating, demanding and collaborative environment.
You will join our European commercial team, which is expected to grow and offer potential for progression, including through international expansion and creating new data and software-based solutions.
- Qualify and develop sales opportunities by researching consumer needs and identifying how our solutions can meet them
- Generate leads and grow existing relationships to develop an active, repeat customer base
- Pursue plans to increase account value through cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Represent Aurora, with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings
- Pitch our offerings and make proposals to existing and potential customers
- Negotiate and make contract structured offers
- Use Salesforce CRM to follow standard processes during all sales stages
- Provide account management to ensure excellent customer experience and high engagement
- Contribute to new product development and improving our existing offerings
- Develop new marketing materials as needed
- Where appropriate, and depending on interest/ability, support the research and publications team in developing our long-term market outlook and analysis
- You have a strong commercial mindset and have a good intuition for opportunities which can lead to commercial success
- You are a creative thinker able to think of new approaches within your authority to solve problems
- You remain calm under pressure and cope well with uncertainty
- You have excellent organisation skills and a high degree of persistence and diligence
- You have a can-do attitude and willingness to get involved in a range of commercial activities
- You are motivated by achieving tangible individual and team commercial targets
- You can communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded people
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- You thrive in team-oriented environments
- You are Enthusiastic and curious about the energy transition
- You are fluent in written and spoken French and English
- Sales, business development and client relationship experience is highly desired
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system is beneficial
- Previous professional exposure to energy economics, energy markets and hydrogen would be a great advantage
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent
- Fluency in a major European language beyond English is a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert about Hydrogen and energy markets
- The chance to work on multiple deals and develop key commercial and sales skills
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.