Aurora wouldn’t be an industry leader in providing energy market forecasts, analysis, insights, and consultancy without our successful commercial team. We are seeking a Commercial Associate to sell our products and services which help the transition towards a more sustainable world. You will work in a dynamic multi-national team responsible for sales and account management activities of our subscription services. You will play a key role in all aspects of client interactions and business development. The role will focus on creating/developing sales opportunities for our full range of products, initially with customers based in GB and Ireland but if you speak a European language you could focus on another of our European markets.
The successful candidate will combine a strong commercial mindset, great communication and relationship management skills, passion to develop new business, high eagerness to learn, and interest in energy markets. You will work in a dynamic, stimulating, demanding and collaborative environment.
You will join our European commercial team, which is expected to grow and offer potential for progression, including through international expansion and creating new data and software-based solutions
- Qualify, develop, and maintain sales opportunities thorough company and product knowledge, researching consumer needs, and identifying how our solutions can meet them
- Generate leads and grow existing relationships to develop an active, repeat customer base
- Pursue plans to increase account value through cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Represent Aurora, with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings
- Pitching our offerings and making proposals to existing and potential customers
- Negotiating and contracting structured offers
- Use Salesforce CRM to ensure standard processes during all sales stages
- Provide account management to ensure excellent customer experience and high engagement
- Contributing to new product development and improving our existing offerings.
- Develop new marketing materials as needed
- Where appropriate, and depending on interest/ability, support the research and publications team in developing our long-term market outlook and analysis
- Strong commercial mindset, including creativity and intuition for opportunities that create impact and commercial success
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope with uncertainty
- Excellent organization skills and a high degree of persistence and diligence
- A can-do attitude and willingness to help wherever needed e.g. improving internal systems and processes
- Motivated by achieving tangible individual and team commercial targets
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded people
- Outstanding written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy transition
- Sales, business development and client relationship experience is highly desired –especially any experience in energy-related subscription sales
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system is beneficial
- Previous professional exposure to energy economics, power markets and power networks would be an advantage
- Fluency in a major European language beyond English is a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.