- Oxford office
- Permanent full-time
Based in Oxford, you will work in a dynamic multi-national team responsible for all for our sales and account management activities for subscription services. You will play a key role in all aspects of client interactions and business development.
You would join our commercial team, which is expected to grow and offer potential for progression, including through international expansion and creating new data and software-based solutions.
Successful candidates will combine a strong commercial mindset, superior communication and relationship management skills, passion to develop new business and activities, high eagerness to learn, and interest in energy markets and the transition towards a more sustainable world. They will work in a young, dynamic, intellectually stimulating, demanding and collaborative environment.
- Pitching our offerings and making proposals to existing and potential customers
- Identifying and creating business development and marketing campaigns
- Negotiating and contracting structured offers
- Providing account management to ensure excellent customer experience and high engagement
- Pursuing plans to increase account value through cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Contributing to new product development and improving our existing offerings
- Develop new marketing materials as needed
- Where appropriate, and depending on interest/ability, support the research and publications team in developing our long-term market outlook and analysis
- Strong commercial mindset, including creativity and intuition for opportunities that create impact and commercial success
- Excellent organization skills and a high degree of persistence and diligence
- A can-do attitude and willingness to help wherever needed e.g. improving internal systems and processes
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties
- Outstanding written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy transition
- Sales, business development and client relationship experience is highly desired – especially any experience in energy-related subscription sales
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system is highly desired
- Previous professional exposure to energy economics, power markets and power networks would be strongly favoured
- Fluency in a major European language beyond English is a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics