Aurora is growing rapidly and it currently has eight offices in six countries, this will likely double in the next two years. In the context of these ambitious expansion plans, we are looking for a Business Analyst to join our new Transformation team. You will be working with the Transformation Manager on operational projects which aim to improve processes and practices around the company as it grows.
This is a junior position for a generalist Business Analyst, with broad opportunity to advance by establishing a track record of business improvements. It is expected that the Transformation team will continue to grow and this role could evolve into a more specialist role or leadership role within the team.
- Capture, analyse and document business process requirements to identify inconsistencies and inefficiencies.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand current business problems and operational limitations.
- Contribute to the design of new processes to improve operational and business outcomes.
- Contribute to prioritisation of transformation projects, based on understanding of stakeholder requirements and overall business benefit.
- Assess and analyse the business impact of any proposed change or new process requirements identified.
- Document and communicate changes to business processes, and in some cases assist in coaching other teams in these practices.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with documenting business processes, using business analysis tools/techniques.
- Experience working on complex projects with multiple stakeholders, with strong skills in managing stakeholders various functions.
- Ability to identify risks and issues in both existing processes and proposed new processes.
- Ability to untangle complex problems in imaginative and creative ways, articulate complex ideas and be able to transform complexity into simplicity for different audiences.
- Strong ability to manage projects and stay organised across multiple workstreams.
- Proactive self-starter who can take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to reconcile competing interests and adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience with process design, data migration and data quality is desirable.
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office.
- A competitive salary package.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.