Looking for a new challenge? We are seeking an Office Assistant to join our dynamic, supportive, and international team in Berlin. As the Office Assistant (referred to Business Infrastructures & Operations Assistant internally) you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our office runs smoothly and efficiently. You will provide crucial support to our Berlin Management team and Office Manager, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment where everyone can thrive.
Reporting to our Office Manager, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude who is able to juggle multiple tasks with ease. You will be bilingual in German and English (both C1 level) and enjoy working in a busy and varied role with plenty of opportunities to make it your own.
- Provide direct administrative support as needed, including managing diaries, booking travel, mailing, organising meetings and itineraries
- Identify and fulfil office supply needs and maintain office stationery
- Manage and cultivate relationships with our suppliers and service providers
- Support the Office Manager with projects, office administration and develop operational process maps
- Assist with organising staff social events, Christmas dinners and parties
- Assist with new joiner’s onboarding and off-boarding
- Support the Business Infrastructures & Operations team, as well as the wider Company, as and when required
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements below and are interested, please still apply and let us know your motivations. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, including sales, marketing, events management and beyond. However, fluency in German at a C1 level is a necessary qualification for this position.
- At least one year’s relevant experience in administrative roles
- Able to speak and write in both German (C1 level) and English (C1) is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- A self-starter, with a positive, can-do attitude, able to juggle a variety of tasks at any one time in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use initiative, forward think and work under pressure, with a willingness to proactively take on new tasks
- Attention to detail, excellent coordination, time management and organisational skills
- Excellent MS skills particularly Outlook (diary management), MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proven work experience managing complex meeting schedules across multiple time zones
- Experience in organising health and safety topics and initiatives
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced HR professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program including public transport subsidies, bike leasing and more
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- Salary expectations
- Earliest possible start date
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 400 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.