- Berlin office
- Permanent full-time
Joining the consulting team in our Berlin office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations, while also taking on a leadership role, managing projects and driving internal initiatives.
The proximity to key decision makers of the Energiewende in Berlin ensures our research agenda remains highly relevant for Germany. Furthermore, Berlin is a gateway for Aurora to further European markets, offering exciting opportunities to work on international projects in countries such as Poland, the Netherlands, the Nordics, Italy and beyond.
The successful applicant will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments. In addition, you will play an active role in client engagement: identifying clients’ needs, pitching our offering and answering client-specific questions in calls and in-person workshops.
You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a young professional with 2+ years of relevant experience at a research or consulting firm or a company in the energy sector, or a recent graduate of a PhD program. The exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- Lead project teams in developing timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities, developing new business and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients as well as to the wider public (e.g. media, webinars)
- At least 2 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, investment bank, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution (e.g. think tank, research or university institute)
- A very good university degree in either:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments; or
- a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical- and non-technical parties
- Demonstrated success in project management preferred
- Strong interest in energy markets, previous professional or academic exposure to energy beneficial
- Very good knowledge of German and English; fluency in another European language is desired (e.g. Dutch, French, Italian, Polish, one of the Nordic languages)
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with organic coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office
- A competitive salary package
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics