- Berlin office
- Permanent full-time
Joining Aurora in our Berlin office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analyses and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in all aspects of project and product delivery – managing projects, directing our ongoing research, conducting novel analyses, anticipating the impact of regulatory changes, identifying client needs and new business opportunities.
The proximity to key decision makers of the Energiewende in Berlin ensures our research agenda remains highly relevant for Germany. Furthermore, Berlin is a gateway for Aurora to further European markets, offering exciting opportunities to work on international projects in countries such as Poland, the Netherlands, the Nordics, Italy and beyond.
The successful applicant will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments. In addition, you will play an active role in engaging with our clients and stakeholders from the policy sector, identifying their needs and answering client-specific questions in calls and in-person workshops.
You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to further grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a Associate/Senior Associate with relevant experience at a research or consulting firm or a company in the energy sector, or a recent graduate of a PhD program who has contributed to consulting-work on the side. The exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- Lead project teams in developing timely and rigorous quantitative analyses
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring regulatory and economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development identifying relevant political topics and new opportunities, as well as expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to understand their requirements and present relevant analyses
- Communicate findings to clients as well as to the wider public (media, conferences, webinars, …)
- Work experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, investment bank, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution (e.g. think tank, research or university institute)
- A very good university degree in either:
o a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
o a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Experience in project and process management in team-oriented fast-paced environment, ideally also in a team leadership position, demonstrated by previous roles of professional responsibility
- Strong interest in energy markets, previous professional or academic exposure to energy and experience in working with energy systems models is beneficial
- Full professional fluency in English and German required.
- Fluency in one of the following languages is helpful, but not required: Dutch, French, Italian, Polish, one of the Nordic languages
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- Private company pension scheme
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics