The French power market is undergoing a fundamental transformation as it moves to decarbonise its economy through electrification and growth in low carbon generation sources such as renewables, nuclear and hydrogen. This transition has profound implications for utilities, project developers, investors and supply chain companies – in terms of the financial returns for existing assets, as prospects for new investment. The market is constantly evolving through policy and regulatory reforms as well as the emergence of new business models.
Based in our new Paris office, the role holder will participate in the launch of our office expanding our physical presence in France. The successful candidate will play a critical role in product delivery and development, as well as client engagement – producing our ongoing research and publications, conducting novel analyses, identifying client needs, and continuously enhancing the service we provide. You will develop data-driven strategic insights into the energy transition for both public and private sector clients; and work with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority in developing analysis and insights to enhance clients’ decision making.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy and opportunities to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector. They will have the chance to grow into industry experts under the guidance of managers with deep experience addressing strategic issues in the energy sector.
The position suits an experienced analyst or consultant from a top-tier strategic or economic consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or knowledge-driven firm or institution. The successful candidate will combine strong quantitative and communication skills, as well as knowledge of energy markets.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution
- First class or high second-class university degree in a relevant quantitative subject
- Demonstrated working knowledge of power markets and associated policy framework
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Ability to analyse, interpret, and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
- Excellent written communication
- Native or professional-level competence in French, Native or professional level competence in English
- It would be highly advantageous to have existing knowledge of the French power market and energy markets in general
- Demonstrated success in client-facing positions
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, Advanced Excel)
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of around 200 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 400 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.