- Oxford or Berlin office
- Permanent, full-time
The French power market is undergoing a fundamental transformation as it moves to decarbonise its economy through electrification and growth in low carbon generation sources such as renewables, nuclear and hydrogen. This transition has profound implications for utilities, project developers, investors and supply chain companies – in terms of the financial returns for existing assets, as prospects for new investment. The market is constantly evolving through policy and regulatory reforms as well as the emergence of new business models.
Aurora has developed a market leading suite of research services which provide analytics and insights to players across the French and wider European power market – helping to shine a light on developments across the power market and industry. Our services comprise a core French Power Market Service, plus dedicated services for French Renewables and European Ancillary markets. Together these provide insights on the development of the French power market and implications for a range of power assets, as well as for policy and strategy. Many companies access these services, representing the vast majority of existing generation capacity in the market and projects in development.
Based in Oxford or Berlin, the role holder will play a critical role in product delivery and development, as well as client engagement – producing our ongoing research and publications, conducting novel analyses, identifying client needs, and continuously enhancing the service we provide. You will develop data-driven strategic insights into the energy transition for both public and private sector clients; and work with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority in developing analysis and insights to enhance clients’ decision making.
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy and opportunities to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector. They will have the chance to grow into industry experts under the guidance of managers with deep experience addressing strategic issues in the energy sector.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients
The position suits an experienced analyst or consultant from a top-tier strategic or economic consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or knowledge-driven firm or institution. The successful candidate will combine strong quantitative and communication skills, as well as knowledge of energy markets.
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution
- First class or high second-class university degree in a relevant quantitative subject
- Demonstrated working knowledge of power markets and associated policy framework
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Ability to analyse, interpret, and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
- Excellent written communication
- Native or professional-level competence in French, Native or professional-level competence in English
It would be highly advantageous to have existing knowledge of the French power market and energy markets in general, plus:
- Demonstrated success in client-facing positions
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, Advanced Excel)
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford or Berlin with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics