We are seeking an Accounts Receivable/Account Payable Assistant who has worked within a finance setting for at least 2 years.
The role is responsible for assisting the AR Manager with sales ledger, credit control and month-end reporting, ensuring invoices are raised in a timely manner and that cash is received within credit terms. Reporting to the AR Manager, you will proactively manage the day-to-day Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes and identify improvement opportunities. You will work closely with the Oxford Finance team, as well as the wider Global finance team.
We are looking for someone who is interested in starting their career in finance, with a can-do attitude. This is a chance to gain experience within an organisation where individuals thrive on change and work within an exciting and dynamic environment. This opportunity will allow you to make the role your own and have tangible impact within a global and rapidly scaling company.
Assisting the AR manager to:
- Ensure that all sales invoices are raised on a timely basis.
- Liaise with the Commercial team to maintain the sales register and keep the master file up to date by adding new clients.
- Maintain the master Accounts Receivable database.
- Cash collection and correct allocation of all customer accounts is one of the main responsibilities of Credit Control.
- Sending out invoices and following up by telephone and or email to ensure the receipt of payment within our credit terms.
- Maintaining Aged Debt within agreed parameters.
- Regular communication with Commercial and Management where problem accounts exist.
- Preparation of Debtor’s report and bad debt provision for review.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations specific to Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable.
- Processing customer invoices and supplier invoices into the ERP system.
- Cash ledger posting and bank reconciliations.
- First point of contact to the wider business for all queries across payments for other business teams and 3rd party financial institutions.
- Understanding of legal contracts.
- Has a fluid relationship with the internal Commercial team and the wider Finance team.
- At least 2 years directly relevant experience.
- A sound understanding of integrated accounting systems
- High level system skills including Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and inquisitive with a high attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with non-finance managers.
- AAT qualification is bonus but not required.
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the continued development of a successful and thriving operations team in a fast-paced and exciting industry
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular team building and sporting events
- The office is situated in a convenient location, close to all local amenities
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- Salary expectations
- Earliest possible start date
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 400 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.