Aurora’s UK and Ireland Research team operates a market leading service of delivering energy analytics, advisory services and industry events for the British and Irish energy sectors.
Our services are used by more than 200 leading companies and institutions, including both UK and Irish governments, to inform major investment decisions, government policies and market strategies in the power sector.
You will be part of either our dedicated British or Irish research teams, contributing to delivering Aurora’s power market forecasts, energy policy analysis and client facing services.
The research carried out produced by this team aims to provide thought leadership on the energy transition and provides the opportunity to work with key governmental institutions and executives in the power sector.
These positions would suit either a recent graduate or professional with up to three years of experience in the energy sector, management consulting, financial services or a similar field.
- Carry out quantitative analysis to deliver our power market forecasts and related analysis.
- Monitor market activity, keeping abreast of the latest market developments.
- Deliver both online and in-person presentations and workshops to a broad range of clients.
- Contribute to the expansion of Aurora’s research topics and analytical tools.
- 1 – 3 years work experience in the energy sector or another professional field.
- A first class or upper second-class bachelor’s degree.
- An ability to analyse complex quantitative data and information.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- A genuine interest in energy economics and the energy transition.
- Strong teamworking and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in a second language beneficial but not essential.
- Skills in data analytics and related software (e.g. Python, Excel, SQL, Power BI).
- Existing knowledge or experience in the power sector or a related field.
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector.
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars.
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert.
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office.
- A competitive salary package.
- Visa Sponsorship Support.
- Relocation support offered where appropriate.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.