- Austin office
- Permanent full-time
Aurora’s mission is to provide data-driven intelligence to support the energy transition. To support this mission, we are looking for an Analyst to join our newest office in Austin, Texas. Aurora has developed a market-leading suite of research services which provide analytics and insights to key players in energy markets around the world, both public and private. More than 300 companies access these services, representing the vast majority of power generation capacity in the market and projects in development.
Having recently expanded into the USA, this is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting edge research and inform key decisions taken by our rapidly growing group of US clients. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. Working as part of a close-knit team, you will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and the chance to grow into an industry expert.
Based in Austin, Texas, you will develop analysis and convey insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of research and client engagement: helping identify issues, form hypotheses, conduct analysis, present key findings, and synthesize conclusions into recommendations.
The successful applicant will combine strong quantitative ability with a track record of performance in team-oriented environments.
The position suits a recent graduate of a Bachelor’s or Master’s program with 0 to 2 years of experience. At this time, we will only be considering US citizens or green card holders for this role.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model’s results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients
- A college degree and evidence of strong academic performance in:
o A quantitative subject (e.g. Math, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Finance)
o A social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- The ability to collect, analyze and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- The ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
- Strong interest in energy and power markets
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments and project management (e.g. as part of a college project)
- Experience with statistical tools and techniques
- Experience with at least one programming language, e.g. C++, Matlab, Python, R, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
What we offer
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow with the company, take on further responsibilities and bring in your own ideas
- A fun and international work culture
- The chance to influence key decisions in the energy sector through exceptional analysis
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics