Based in Tokyo, Japan, you will contribute to the firm, by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision-making as they navigate the energy transition. You will be part of a fast-growing team that will be the Japan “start-up” within the broader APAC team. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesising conclusions into recommendations.
The successful applicants will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a recent STEM graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to our product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients
- First-class or high second-class degree from a top university in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Finance), coupled with a keen interest in energy markets and policy developments
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Fluency in both Japanese (N1 level) and English (C1 level or above).
What we offer
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow with the company, take on further responsibilities and bring in your own ideas
- A fun, informal, and international work culture
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours, and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage, and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- Academic transcripts
- Salary expectations
- Earliest possible start date
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.