Joining the Polish team in our Berlin office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will support utilities, investors, and government to navigate the Polish power market, as it is transitioning away from coal towards gas and renewables.
You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations.
The successful applicant will combine strong quantitative ability with a track record of performance in team-oriented environments. You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme. Exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients, turning analysis to insight by creating compelling presentations
- A very good university degree in either:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
- a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Proficiency (C1/C2 level) in Polish and English (C1/C2)
- Demonstrated success in project management (e.g. at university) preferred
- Strong interest in energy markets, previous professional or academic exposure to energy beneficial
- Proficiency (B2/C1) in other Central European languages, e.g. Czech or Slovak
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The chance to influence key decisions in the energy sector through exceptional analysis
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- A competitive salary package, with:
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program including JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.