The successful applicants will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments. You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms. The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s program.
You will contribute to the firm, by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations.
This role is your chance to be part of our growth as we launch a new chapter for Aurora in the US. Ultimately this role will be based in New York. At present, we are happy for applicants to work remotely.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Research and analyze recent policy and regulation and transform this into insight for clients
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings effectively both internally and to clients
- First class or high second class degree from a top university – ideally in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Finance)
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Demonstrated success in project management preferred
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- An interest in the energy sector is essential
- Fluency in a second language beneficial but not essential
- Previous experience in the energy sector, particularly US power markets
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environmen
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics