- Oxford or Berlin office
- Permanent full-time
The French power market is undergoing a fundamental transformation as it moves to decarbonise its economy through electrification and growth in low carbon generation sources such as renewables, nuclear and hydrogen. This transition has profound implications for utilities, project developers, investors and supply chain companies – in terms of the financial returns for existing assets, as prospects for new investment. The market is constantly evolving through policy and regulatory reforms as well as the emergence of new business models.
We have developed a market leading suite of research services which provide analytics and insights to players across the French and wider European power market – helping to shine a light on developments across the power market and industry. Our research services comprise a core French Power Market Service, plus dedicated services for French Renewables. Together these provide insights on the development of the French power market and implications for a range of power assets, as well as for policy and strategy. In addition, our consulting services have also been very active in providing transaction support for key players in the market.
Based in Oxford or Berlin, the position holder will play a critical role across all key aspects of our rapidly expanding French Power Market service – identifying client needs, producing ongoing research onto topical issues, and conducting novel analyses, to continuously enhance the service we provide. You will develop data-driven strategic insights into the energy transition for both public and private sector clients; and work with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority in developing analysis and insights to enhance clients’ decision making.
The position suits an experienced analyst or consultant from a top-tier strategic or economic
consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or knowledge-driven firm or
institution. The right candidate will combine strong quantitative and communication
skills, as well as knowledge of energy markets.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy and opportunities to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector. They will have the chance to grow into industry experts under the guidance of managers with deep experience addressing strategic issues in the energy sector.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution
- First class or high second-class university degree in a relevant quantitative subject
- Demonstrated working knowledge of power markets and associated policy framework. Preference will be for individuals with a strong understanding of the French power market
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Ability to analyse, interpret, and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
- Excellent written communication
- Native or professional-level competence in both French and English is a must
- It would be highly advantageous to have existing knowledge of the French power market and energy markets in general
- Demonstrated success in client-facing positions
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, Advanced Excel)
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford or Berlin with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics