Aurora has developed a market-leading suite of research services which provide analytics and insights to key players in energy markets around the world, both public and private. Our services are used by a broad range of clients to navigate the latest market developments, deliver large scale investments, and bring new technologies to market that will enable the transition to Net Zero.
Joining our office in Berlin, you will contribute to Aurora by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations.
You will join our Research & Publications team, where your focus will be analysing the long-term evolution of the Dutch & Belgium energy system. Recent topics we have been working on include:
- Ways to achieve net zero emissions in the Dutch power market, and its implications for the renewable developers
- Analysing the impact of the new capacity market on the Belgium power system
- Assessing the current and potential measures to lower the dependency on Russian gas in the Dutch power market
You will work in a dynamic, fast-thinking and supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to shape the development of our Dutch & Belgium research agenda and grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues gained at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position is suitable for those with 0 to 4 years of relevant work experience. Exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- Develop and carry out timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their interests and gain new insights
- Monitor the latest policy and market developments
- Communicate findings to clients in workshops and conferences
- Contribute to our product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- A university degree in either:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
- a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex data and information
- Diligent, organised and takes a proactive approach to undertaking research
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Team player who takes an interest in what happens in the world around them
- Proficiency (C1 level) of English and Dutch
- Previous professional or academic exposure to energy markets is not required, but would be beneficial
- Proficiency of French (B2 – C1) is not required, but would be beneficial
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular mentoring sessions
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program including public transport subsidies, bike leasing and more
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.