Joining the advisory team in our Berlin office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations.
Berlin is a gateway for Aurora to various European markets, offering exciting opportunities to work on international projects in countries such as Germany, Poland and the Netherlands.
The successful applicants will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments.
You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme. Exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and
- expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements and delivery project scopes
- Communicate findings to clients
- A university degree in either:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
- a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Demonstrated success in project management (e.g. at university) preferred
- Strong interest in energy markets, previous professional or academic exposure to energy beneficial
- Full professional fluency in English and one of the following: German, Dutch, or Polish
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- A competitive salary package
- Private Company pension scheme
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
Start dates are flexible, please indicate your earliest possible start date. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- University transcripts
- Salary expectations
- Reference letters, if applicable
Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications not fulfilling the language requirements for this role; we encourage applicants who do not speak any of the languages besides English listed in the Required Attributes section to apply for roles in our offices in Oxford, Sydney or Austin.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.