Are you looking to kickstart your career in the energy industry? Do you want to play an active role in our business by conducting analysis, creating insights, and communicating these to our clients and the wider market? If so, then come join us to contribute to Aurora’s mission of providing strategic analysis and conveying insights on the global energy transition to create a cleaner, more efficient energy system.
Based in Sydney, you will be a part of Aurora’s hydrogen team reporting directly to the Hydrogen team manager. Sitting across both our research and advisory team, you will be producing our ongoing hydrogen research products, alongside developing new analysis, advising on bespoke client projects, and continuously enhancing the service we provide. The position suits recent graduates, or those with less than two years’ experience in the energy sector.
The scope of this role will focus on APAC Hydrogen markets, starting with both Australia and Japan. Low-carbon hydrogen is quickly gaining interest from policymakers and industry as a vehicle to decarbonise hard to abate sectors such as industry, transportation, and heating. There are also huge synergies between hydrogen and power markets, with hydrogen potentially playing a role in balancing renewable generation as we decarbonise power systems across Asia Pacific.
Aurora’s research service provides regular insights to energy players, investors, and government. As part of this, Aurora has developed a market-leading hydrogen modelling suite, which has been used to undertake several major studies into hydrogen market developments surrounding pricing, demand, transport, and the interplay between the hydrogen and power markets. Lastly, Aurora is providing bespoke analysis to clients through consultancy projects.
- Research into APAC and global hydrogen market trends, technology, and policy
- Collect data on market developments and creating data-driven insights for Aurora’s clients
- Analyse the entire hydrogen value chain from production, transport, storage, and consumption
- Help maintain Aurora’s global hydrogen electrolyser database
- Prepare analytical reports and presentations for clients and external events, and assist with communicating findings
- Conduct bespoke hydrogen analysis for consultancy projects
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Relevant university degree in a quantitative field
- Strong quantitative background and/or a demonstrated interest in hydrogen, energy technology or energy markets
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex data and information
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- A fast learner with Excel skills or competency or interest in common programming languages (e.g. python, MATLAB)
- Previous demonstrated interest in hydrogen markets, either through university or at a professional level
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Advanced Excel, GAMS)
- Proficiency in languages other than English
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops, and webinars
- The opportunity to acquire industry and functional (analytical tools, data analyses, etc) expertise
- An exciting variety of workstreams and training opportunities
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- An office next to Central Station with coffee, fruit, and snacks available in the office
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please upload your:
- University transcripts
- Brief cover letter
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 400 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.