Based in Rome, you will be a senior member of the project execution team in our advisory practice. This position would suit an experienced associate from a top-tier strategic or economic consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or knowledge-focused firm or institution. The successful candidate will combine technical ability with a strong track record of leadership and dependable performance in team-orientated environments.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will apply their interpersonal skills to lead co-operative project teams and be given responsibility to chart the path of their teams through projects, and opportunities to substantially influence the thinking of organisations across the energy sector. Over time, they will be able to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s top advisory firms.
- You will manage junior colleagues in developing insights to help clients make better choices.
- You will support all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, synthesizing conclusions into recommendations, and presenting to senior clients.
- You will develop data-based strategic insights into the energy transition for both public and private sector clients.
- You will also contribute to the development and growth of the Italian Advisory practice.
- At least 4 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution.
- University degree in a relevant quantitative subject.
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments.
- Working knowledge of power markets dynamics.
- Ability to analyse, interpret, and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business.
- Proficiency (C1 level) in English and Italian
- Excellent written communication.
- Previous experience of working on energy-related projects or policy – particularly in a ITA/European context.
- Leadership, management, or mentoring experience demonstrated by previous roles of professional responsibility or extracurricular activities.
- Demonstrated success in working together with clients.
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Advanced Excel).
- Strong academic record, such as a Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant discipline.
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced HR professionals.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- Salary expectations
- Earliest possible start date
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.