Joining our new Athens office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will lead project teams, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations. In doing so, you will help guide utilities, investors, and governments through the fundamental transition European power markets are facing.
The successful applicant will combine a strong quantitative ability with a track record of high performance in team-oriented environments. You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to grow into an industry expert. You will be under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a professional with 4 to 6 years of relevant experience at a consulting or research firm or a company in the energy sector. The exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- Lead project teams in developing timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Draw insights out of the analysis we produce and communicate findings to clients by creating compelling presentations
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Mentor and develop junior staff
- At least 4-6 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, investment bank, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution (e.g. think tank, research or university institute)
- First class degree in either r:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
- a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- Strong interest in energy markets as well as previous professional or academic exposure to energy
- A proven ability to analyse, interpret and present complex quantitative data and information
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Proficiency (C1/C2 level) in English (C1/C2) and one other Southeastern European language (preferably Romanian, Bulgarian or Greek) is essential
- Proficiency (B2/C1) in other Southeastern European languages, e.g. Croatian, Serbian or Albanian is a bonus
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the Southeastern European energy markets
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, roundtables & workshops
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert with regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
- A competitive salary package
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.