Our ongoing EU Gas special topics programme analyses the impact on European gas markets of the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war. In this report we focus on the UK. We examine the level of physical gas security in the EU and UK, and whether the UK can help the EU fill its gas storage.
We look at:
- Reliance on Russian gas in the EU and in the UK
- EU gas storage filling targets
- The UK’s gas export potential to the Continent
- The UK’s options for reducing gas demand, both this year, and over the next five years
- The impact of gas saving policies in the power sector on emissions