We are pleased to present our GB Wholesale Market Summary for November.
Highlights from the report include:
- The average power price in November was £183.5/MWh, a 12% increase from October
- The rise in power prices was driven by an increase in production from higher cost thermal generation to meet a 12% growth in total transmission demand, relative to the month of October
- The rise in thermal generation primarily came from CCGTs, with average load factors increasing from 28% in October to 36% in November
- Subsequently, domestic power sector emissions rose to 4.3 MtCO2e, a 37% increase relative to October
- The average total GB carbon price has remained flat, with UK-ETS prices trading at an average of £61/tCO2 in November, at similar levels to October
This summary is free to view, and a limited version of the content our subscribers receive. You can find out more about our GB Power market service here.