We are pleased to present our GB Wholesale Market Summary for June.
Highlights from the report include:
- Power prices in June rose to £77/MWh driven by the continued increase in gas and carbon prices, a 6% increase from May
- The UK-ETS traded at an average of £46/tCO2 in June, converging with the EU-ETS as generators unravelled EU-ETS hedges to purchase UK-ETS allowances
- Driven by a combination of lower demand and higher gas and carbon prices, thermal generation in June fell to 8 TWh, a 16% decrease from May
- Consequently, emissions fell to 3 MtCO2e with grid intensity of 201 gCO2e/kWh
- Lower wind speeds saw wind load factors fall by 17% on average, relative to May
This is a limited, public version of subscriber-only content. Why not find out about our GB Power subscription?