We are pleased to present our GB Wholesale Market Summary for July.
Highlights from the report include:
- Average power prices in July climbed to £94/MWh driven by the continued increase in gas and carbon prices, a 23% increase from June
- The UK-ETS traded at an average of £44/tCO2 in July, a £2/tCO2 decrease relative to June
- Driven by increased demand and lower onshore wind generation relative to June, thermal generation climbed from 53% to 57% of the fuel mix for July
- Consequently, emissions increased to 4.1 MtCO2e, a 24% increase relative to June
- Lower wind speeds saw onshore wind load factors fall by almost half, averaging just 11% throughout July
This is a limited, public version of subscriber-only content. Why not find out about our GB Power subscription?