We are pleased to present our GB Wholesale Market Summary for February.
Highlights from the report include:
- The average power price in February was £157.2 /MWh, a 15% decrease since January 2022
- The 15% monthly decrease in power prices was driven by a 6% fall in gas prices, a 17% fall in demand, and higher wind output, with wind load factors increasing by 17 percentage points relative to January
- The UK-ETS traded at an average of £85/tCO2 in February, an £8/tCO2 (9%) increase relative to January
- Average CCGT load factors decreased from 41% in January to 20% in February, and those for offshore wind increased from 50% to 70%
- Subsequently, domestic power sector emissions totalled 2.5 MtCO2e, a 47% decrease relative to January
This summary is free to view, and a limited version of the content our subscribers receive. You can find out more about our GB Power market service here.