We are pleased to present our latest GB renewables market summary report.
Highlights from April include:
- As a result of a continued decrease in fuel prices and demand, power prices dropped to 23 04 /MWh in April, which is a 19 decrease from March and the lowest it has been in the past 10 years
- Due to lower demand, the number of negative prices more than tripled compared to March, reaching 66 settlement periods with negative intraday prices in April
- Onshore wind, offshore wind and solar PV saw a monthly record capture discount to baseload, reaching 14 19 and 15 respectively
- Onshore wind’s accepted bid volume decreased by 45 from 254 GWh in March, to 139 GWh in April
- The total accepted bid volume, for all technologies, fell by 25 since March
This is subscriber-only content. Not a subscriber yet? Find out more about our GB Renewables package.